- Resource Center Float LPH
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Admin/Clerical (Clinical)
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
Responsible for the overall clerical support and secretarial functions of a team.
- High School Diploma, AD preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Previous secretarial experience preferred.
- Excellent typing, organization, time management and communication skills required.
- Computer literate with familiarity of Word Processing and spreadsheet applications preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Able to remain calm and troubleshoot/handle patient/family crisis' situations.
- Able to shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring for terminally ill patients and their families.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Proficiency in multiple software applications, including Solutions, Guardian Rx, SafeCare, Santrax, UltiPro, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Update the daily census and prepare weekly IDG summary sheet for teams.
- Update changes in Solutions for team within 24 hours, including Survivor Information, physician address and telephone number, transfers onto team, deaths and discharges, change in pay class, change in level of care (i.e. respite, hospice house, routine home care or hospitalization), change n primary or secondary diagnosis, and change in primary or consulting physician. Enter data, corrections, and hurricane information.
- Prepare Modified Orders to physicians for signature and distribute copies to appropriate staff per established policy.
- Process Status Change forms and Death Lists per established policy.
- Track and maintain appropriate quantity of office supplies.*
- Provide typing support to the team, , including making entries as directed by CM to the Triage Report, Direct Pay Report, and Adult Failure to Thrive Report. Prepare other reports as requested including all standard letters per established policy and procedures.
- Listen to voice mail for Falls Line and input occurrence report into SafeCare system for all team patient falls.
- Type IDG Agenda obtaining information from past weeks admissions, transfers in/out, discharges, deaths, and hospitalizations.
- Initiate the Physician Certification/Recertification and Medical Director's Checklist for Certification/Recertification form the team's name, date, patient's name, patient ID number, and diagnosis.
- Fill in the admission date and recertification dates on the Physician Certification/Recertification and Medical Director's Checklist for Certification/Recertification form (commonly called the GRID), paying special attention to the certification period.
- Print Guardian profiles for patients for IDG review.
- Copy and distribute all patient information to appropriate staff as designated per team.
- Verify, process, and disseminate information required to ensure accuracy of the Continuous Care Notebook per established policy and procedure.
- Answer, screen and log (if necessary) incoming calls for team(s) and direct call appropriately.
- Triage physician order calls to appropriate CM or RN Case Manager.
- Schedule of Hospice Aide patient visits and network with CM's for approval of changes in such schedules.
- Complete and follow through on requests for SSP HA. Follow though with scheduling process per established policy.
- Enter authorizations in Solutions for transportation, labs, and procedures after approval or denial by CM.
- Track outstanding folders for Continuous Care.
- Print Santrax reports each week as per established policy and procedure.
- Verify that all visits recorded in Santrax are exported into Solutions; make corrections as needed.
- Print HA notes and send to Health Information Services as per policy and procedure.
- · All other duties assigned by the CM or designee.
- · Maintain an orderly work environment.