An employee in this position operates the computer based telephone system, greets visitors, monitors lobby
and building security, processes mail, distributes deliveries and faxes.
- High school degree preferred.
- One (1) year receptionist/switchboard and/or customer service experience.
- Excellent oral communications skills.
- Dependable and able to work flexible schedule as needed.
- Computer literate, specifically in Word/Excel.
- Ability to remain calm and trouble shoot patient/family crises.
- Works under moderate supervision, exercising a moderate degree of discretion & judgement.
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
Communications: Switchboard/front desk
- Open /close switchboard, disconnect /connect call forwarding for answering service.
- Retrieve and distribute answering service calls and maintain logs.
- Answer and process all calls and messages efficiently and in a courteous manner.
- Greet and direct visitors efficiently and in a courteous manner.
- Maintain Mobile Radio communications with Maintenance and Medical Supply Staff.
- Assist as needed with beepers, phone & voicemail issues.*
- P.M shift: Maintain phone statistics, prepare employee and visitor logs for next day.*
- Special projects as assigned.*
- A.M. shift: Open lobby, collect & distribute newspapers, straighten and update materials on tables.*
- Process A.M. and P.M. incoming and outgoing U.S. Mail.*
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail for off-site locations.*
- Sort and distribute faxes at main fax machines in mail room and outside medical records, A.M. & P.M.
- Maintain mailroom labeling, postage machine and fax supplies.*
- Monitor postage meter readings and submit request for postage to Communications Systems Supervisor.*
- Maintain mailroom labeling & fax supplies and monitor postage meter.*
- Monitor visitors in the lobby, including maintenance of visitor/volunteer/employee badges and logs.
- Control vendor and delivery personnel in the lobby; notify appropriate staff.
- Cash Receipt Log process: total all checks, cash, M.O's, reconcile and distribute to A/P & Development.
- Cross-train with other shifts to cover all responsibilities.*
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.*