- Training and Development
- Temple Terrace, FL, USA
- Full Time
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey.
From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
The Curriculum Development & Training Specialist (CDTS) is responsible for designing and delivering training to employees on a variety of operational, organizational, and business specific skills. This role provides people development through the implementation and evaluation of standardized training programs. The CDTS will closely collaborate with their direct supervisor to produce high impact, results-focused learning solutions focusing on innovation, adaptability, and efficiency to create and/or update measurably effective deliverables. Successful deliverables will integrate knowledge of the culture, sound adult-learning principles, clinical expertise and will utilize the most effective delivery method (E-learning, blended learning, on-demand learning, interactive learning and instructor-led learning) for the situation. The CDTS will partner with corporate and affiliate stakeholders and SMEs to develop training and development initiatives that support staff expertise and growth while holding to the vision, mission and core values of Chapters Health System (CHS). Each CDTS will have subject matter expertise in one of the following areas: clinical, psychosocial or spiritual, technology and/or training and development.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, training, nursing, instructional technologies, business or related field required. Master's Degree preferred. If RN, an active Florida license is required.
- Experience creating quality customized training content from assessment to development to implementation and evaluation required.
- 2 years minimum prior experience in teaching, training or organizational development role required.
- Management and Leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in hospice or healthcare preferred.
- Experience with learning management systems preferred.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills.
- Proven ability to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities and work effectively as a team player.
- Highly organized with ability to multitask, adapt quickly, prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several projects at one time, and utilize time effectively.
- Outstanding facilitation and presentation skills both individually and in large groups. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationship building with the ability to connect quickly and authentically with people from a variety of different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications with key strengths in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and/or Project.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Supports assessment, development and implementation of training and development programs for CHS corporate and affiliate staff in concert with leadership, key company stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that organizational goals and objectives are supported by these training programs.
- Supports the operations of CHS through collaboration on various projects, programs and initiatives including, but not limited to: Orientation, Annual Training, Compliance, and The Chapters Way.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions to affiliate Learning Leaders to ensure successes of training and development initiatives.
- Identifies need for new and/or updated training topics and works with stakeholders, subject matter experts (SME's) and vendors to design and implement new training.
- Demonstrate pro-active, ad-hoc and responsive solutions, seizing opportunities for continuous improvement in individual, team, and organizational performance.
- Measures and evaluate training program effectiveness and success. Conducts training assessments and provides data for use in training metrics. Identifies areas of improvement and communicates results and recommend next steps.
- Performs electronic administration for all training programs including scheduling, publicizing, tracking of attendance, reporting on required training programs and preparation of materials.
- Maintains the accuracy, relevance and instructional soundness of training procedures, processes and work flows.
- Implements communication and marketing strategies to support the training program
- Represents training as a SME on key projects or initiatives that provide impact to the business.