- Programs & Svcs - GSH
- Auburndale, FL, USA
- Part Time
- Coordinator (Clinical)
Responsible for coordinating and supervising all patient care volunteer activities. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary group (IDG) and a liaison between staff, community, and volunteers.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) required, but may be substituted by 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two years experience in volunteer coordination required, preferably in a health care setting. One year supervisory experience required.
- Strong demonstrated capabilities in networking with community resources, and strong knowledge of such resources.
- Strong communication skills, including face-to-face, telephone, and computer skills.
- Strength in attention to detail and organization.
- Program development and implementation skills
- Must be able to interact successfully with clients, families and other agencies to present a positive and professional image.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Previous experience in health care and/or social services setting preferred.
- Ability to travel in community.
- Excellent telephone skills
- Valid Florida driver's license and auto insurance as per Company policy.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in areas of hospice mission and confidentiality, as well as display sensitivity to family needs.
- Complies with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Complies with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observes the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Uses resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promotes the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participates proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improves own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advances electronic media skills.
- Supports Company research and educational activities.
- Shares expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Meets standards of practice of the Volunteer Services Department.
- Recruits volunteers through community networking activities and marketing efforts.
- Screens potential volunteers through intake calls and interviews, and in training.
- Trains, assign, supervise and evaluate patient/family care volunteers as well as volunteers for events,
Speakers Bureau, administrative support and various other roles as needed.
- Assists in the continuous improvement of the volunteer training program.
- Facilitates monthly patient/family care volunteer support groups and in-services.
- Assists with community presentations about Volunteer programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs which enhance the morale and effectiveness of volunteers, volunteer newsletter, volunteer in-services, support programs and annual volunteer recognition.
- Participates in volunteer-related special events, committees and task force groups.*
- Maintains records of volunteers, ensuring that all file requirements have been met and are current.
- Serves as a liaison between team members and volunteers on the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG).
- Promotes the use of volunteer services on the IDG, educating team members about the roles of volunteers.
- Reviews patient/family care volunteer notes, reporting pertinent information at IDG meetings.
- Assists as needed with information and referral calls.
- Maintains care plan development.
- Administers supportive care caseload.