- GSH Bereavement
- Lakeland, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Professional (Clinical)
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
The Grief Services Coordinator (GSC) provides programmatic oversight for the subsidiary's Bereavement Programs and provides clinical counseling expertise and programmatic consultation to Bereavement Specialists and members of the IDG and the community, including the adult bereavement program and the program for grieving children.
- Masters degree in Social Work (CSWE accredited).
- Florida LCSW required.
- Experience related to the concepts and practices of death and dying with children and adults.
- Able to remain calm and professional and trouble shoot and manage children/family crisis situations.
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per Chapters Health System policy and procedures.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to work unsupervised, exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Collaborate with the Social Services Manager for provision and operation of the adult bereavement program and the program for grieving children.
- Attend staff and department meetings, in-service training, and continuing education workshops, as directed by the Social Services Manager.
- Develop and maintain required Bereavement database, records and files, in a manner reflecting timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and legibility.
- Maintain focus on programmatic overview and development, support, and supervision of volunteer staff for Bereavement Department & Grief Center.
- Assist Social Services Manager to maintain and enhance Chapters Health System bereavement programs, including groups, camps, and other special events and programs within the department.
- Collaborate with Social Services Manager to secure all necessary program supplies.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities as directed by the Social Services Manager.
- Carry out other supervisory and administrative responsibilities including conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, performance evaluations, timely document submission, etc
- Participate in hospice committees as assigned.
- Assist the Social Services Manager with other duties as necessary.
- Assess bereavement care needs of survivors (i.e. adults, children, and families) in accordance with operational guidelines established for the department.
- Provide clinical oversight for support group meetings, including supervisory, debriefing, and educational sessions for Grief Center volunteers, providing back-up to Grief Center/Bereavement Specialists.
- Experience in children, family, and group modalities of intervention.
- Respond to emergencies as the bereavement expert (i.e. neglect, suicide, other potential risks).
- Provide follow-up with clients and refer to community agencies for additional assistance when appropriate.
- Supervise the caseload activities of Bereavement Department and provide clinical and casework consultation as needed.
- Provide appropriate bereavement training, case management, consultation, education and supervision for staff, students, and Chapters Health System volunteers assigned to the department.
- Provide consultation to the community regarding bereavement care of bereaved individuals.
- Enhance professional expertise and knowledge.
- Participate in appropriate professional or specialty organizations.
- Maintain specialty certification(s).
- Collaborate with the Social Services Manager and necessary Chapters Health System departments (i.e., facilities, etc) to ensure safety of the physical environment of the program.
- Work closely with Chapters Health System Development Department in order to procure funding that supports program.
- Work collaboratively with Chapters Health System's I.T. department regarding maintenance of a database system that supports the program.
- Work collaboratively with Volunteer Services to fulfill programmatic requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Social Services Manager.*
- Meet Chapters Health System's Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Standards in all areas of practice.
- Promote the hospice concept in the community by participating in the development of educational materials and offerings for the medical community and the public.
- Works within Chapters Health System Scope of Service