- Pharmacy 6A
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Admin/Clerical (Non-Clin)
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
To assist in providing pharmacy services to the patients of the Company, working under the direct supervision of a Florida Licensed Pharmacist within the guidelines of the Florida State Law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Registration with the state board of pharmacy required
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician is required.
- Pharmacy technician certification preferred.
- Experience of training in the use of aseptic technique in the preparation of sterile products is preferred.
- Valid Florida drivers' license and automobile insurance.*
- Ability to work shift hours.*
- Well developed interpersonal skills: ability to be tactful and understanding in contacts with patient/families, physicians, volunteers and other Company staff.
- Highly organized and precise.
- Analytical and thorough in work.
- Works under moderate supervision exercising a reasonable degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Prepare prescriptions, assisting with entry of prescription information into the computer system, obtaining bulk medication from stock, counting out medications, packaging and labeling prescriptions, and returning bulk medications to stock shelves.
- Assist with data entry of patient information for newly admitted patients.
- Preparation of sterile products, obtaining required products and supplies from inventory, compounding injectable medications using appropriate sterile technique in a laminar flow hood. Labeling the compounded medications and packaging for delivery.
- Assist with processing filled prescriptions and sterile products for delivery or pick-up.
- Assist with coordinating delivery of prescriptions and sterile products through courier service, UPS, volunteers or hospice staff. Assist with maintaining tracking system for these deliveries.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls and screens for appropriate routing or handling of call.
- Assists in retrieval of refills from automated prescription line.
- Completes routing slips.
- Assists in assuring pharmacy work areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Assist in preparation of orders, checking in orders, stocking shelves, handling drug recalls and returns, and maintenance of computerized inventory control system. Perform monthly inventory of all medications.
- Check for outdated medications each month, remove outdated medications from inventory, and fill out appropriate report.
- Restock prescription vials, bottles, and supplies.
- Assist with management of computer master files and maintain updated prices in the computer system(s), insuring security and confidentiality of all data contained within such systems.
- Assure appropriate confidentiality is maintained regarding all patient information collected and used in the department.
- Assist with data entry for maintaining up to date medication profiles.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Pharmacy Manager or Director to support the overall mission and services of the Company.*