- Human Resources
- Temple Terrace, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Professional (Non-Clin)
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves as the primary HR communications conduit to their assigned affiliate and provides and executes human resources (HR) practices to support and improve the daily operations of their supported affiliate. The HRBP works in partnership with the Centers of Excellence (COE) to provide a high level of service to the affiliate served. The HRBP works in partnership with the Corporate HR to deliver strategic business goals and HR strategic initiatives. Local operations include advising management regarding employee relations issue & initiatives (per Tier program), performance management, leave management, employee recognition program, retention programs, benefits administration support, role/department restructuring and/or transformation and implementation, and interpretation of HR policies as well as procedures, to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Company standards. May also provide formal training, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred with minimum of 4-5 years progressive Human Resources Generalist experience; minimum 7 years progressive Human Resources Generalist experience in the absence of Bachelor's degree
- PHR or SPHR a plus
- Experience in a healthcare/multi-location environment preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, policy setting, recruitment and Federal & State employment laws that apply
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage many tasks simultaneously
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong judgment and decision making skills
- Solution-oriented in all interactions and able to take initiative
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Good project management skills
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Word & Excel and experience utilizing HRIS applications (i.e. ADP, Peoplesoft, SAP HR, UltiPro, Lawson, Kronos, etc.)
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with assigned affiliate to identify, develop and promote programs that meet strategic business objectives.
- Serves as a Corporate ambassador representing Corporate on various topics and communications.
- Functions as a business advisor to the managers and supervisors of his/her assigned affiliate regarding key organizational and management issues including employee relations.
- Ensures compliance to Company policies/procedures as well as with all applicable laws and government regulations.
- Develops and participates in the implementation of human resources programs and initiatives.
- Responsibilities include monitoring, measuring and reporting on the success of programs.
- Provides Human Resource advice, counsel, and guidance to managers at all levels of the organization.
- Makes recommendations on employee relations issues by using judgment that is consistent with the organizations standards, practices, policies and procedures and related state and federal laws (per Tier Program).
- Interprets policy and procedures to employees and managers; guides managers to act in accordance with organizational policies and related laws.
- Consults with and advises managers on performance management issues and plans along with developing and utilizing plan/program outcome effectiveness measures.
- Communicates timely and effectively to all levels of employees, when issues arise. Handles group communication effectively, hearing all sides of issues, and demonstrating a methodical (reassuring) approach to addressing concerns.
- Participates in employment actions, as needed.
- Demonstrates and applies a deep knowledge of principles of employment laws when responding to employee relations issues. Represents Human Resources in various forums and meetings to include presentations and speaking assignments. Also manages Department of Labor (DOL) claims and hearing activity.
- Investigates complaints and internal claims. Communicates and follows up with involved parties throughout the process to resolution. Works closely with the Corporate Employee Relations COE function to resolve matters and escalates, as appropriate.
- Identifies coaching and training needs. Directly delivers appropriate coaching solutions or works with Training and Development and Learning Leaders to secure internal or external training resources, where possible.
- Presents HR metrics, reports, data and updates on projects to affiliate.
- Proactively monitors issues, trends, and areas of concern and reports activity on a regular basis. This includes Joint Commission requirements and activities related to Corporate Compliance issues as they arise.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to oversee affiliate talent acquisition practices and ensures consistent cultural fit; prioritizes open requisitions with talent acquisition team, troubleshoots difficult openings, and assists with application of performance based recruitment tools.
- Partners with Compensation COE to ensure affiliate positions are graded/laddered and leveled appropriately. Ensures all documentation is in place and Job Evaluation packet is complete.
- Enables high performing teams to succeed through application of organizational development resources and tools including performance management tools.
- Partners with affiliate leadership on entity-based restructures/transformations.
- Proactively and effectively manages change within the organization. Provides leadership and communication tools during organizational change.
- Leverages the Centers of Excellence and Corporate HR team to provide comprehensive HR support to employees.
- Provides front line customer service including, but not limited to, advising employee and management regarding employee relations issue & initiatives (per Tier program), performance management, leave management, employee recognition program, retention programs, benefits administration support, and other generalist-related activities.
- Assists with administration and communication of leave processes and compliance with all Federal and State laws as well as Company policy and procedure.
- Provides benefits administration support including general communication of benefit information, open enrollment support, etc.
- Produces routine HR reports for HR metrics and recommends or develops new reports, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.