As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
Primary responsibilities include pick-up of donated items, and occasional delivery of large purchased items to all Thrift Stores owned and operated by LifePath-Hospice.
- High School/GED level reading and math skills
- Experienced driving skills
- Current automobile insurance and Florida driver's license
- Knowledge of Hillsborough County and Lakeland area preferred, and the ability to read a map and follow directions
- Ability to communicated effectively, both verbally and written, with donors and other employees of LPH
- Ability to work unsupervised in the field exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Physically able to lift up to 80 pounds
- Able to physically navigate stairs, narrow spaces and tolerate heat/cold while lifting and transporting heavy objects
- Ability to remain calm and troubleshoot/handle vehicle service issues independently
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Strictly follow the route given for the day
- After proper training from management, be able to plot routes and dispatch
- Be able to appraise donated items for resale, and graciously decline items that don't meet our criteria (quality control)
- Have knowledge of how to break down furniture in order to move it and how to reassemble.
- Have knowledge of how to move furniture in and out of donor's and customers homes to limit damage to home or donated items.
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to lifting and transporting heavy items such as furniture, boxes, books etc.
- Loads truck by ordering, placing and securing items properly.
- Picks up/ delivers items in a timely manner maintaining schedule
- Maintain safe operation by complying with operational policies procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; clean truck interior and exterior
- Properly schedule and carry out maintenance and service for truck
- Travel between stores and their surrounding areas for pick-up and deliveries
- Will be held accountable for gas cards and receipts.
- Leave in-kind donation receipt on door or with donor for every pick-up
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with donors and other Employees of LPH
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance
- Maintain a positive work relationship with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate courteous behavior and be responsive to patients/families and other members of LPH'S public
- Perform other job duties as requested
- Clock in and out properly