- Thrift Store
- Zephyrhills, FL, USA
- Full Time
The Thrift Store Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the store in the absence of the Thrift Store Manager. Must have ability to work with customers, donors and volunteers. This position will report to the Thrift Store Manager.
- Experience preferably in retailing, thrift, consignment and/or used merchandise sales
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- Several years experience in supervision of numerous volunteers or supervisory experience with a minimum of 20 employees preferred
- Communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and manage multiple volunteers and handle varied personalities from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with volunteer team, development team and the community
- Ability to strategically plan ahead and be innovative
- Ability to plan and implement marketing and promotional campaigns
- Ability to secure financial support from donors and community businesses
- Organization and administrative skills required
- Results and goal oriented qualities helpful
- Physical requirements: Position involves walking and standing, with occasional lifting of merchandise (with assistance) weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use Word, Excel and Internet technologies
- Must have reliable transportation and provide proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to work as a team member with the volunteers, Development Staff and community
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds throughout the day
- Ability to climb flights of stairs and move boxes/furniture on an ongoing basis
Responsibilities of all employees: Weight = 10%
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
Job Responsibilities: Weight = 80%
The Thrift Store Assistant will be able to perform the Thrift Store daily operations, including the following duties:
- Follow the daily procedures to open and close the store.
- When necessary, oversee and process cash transactions involved with bank deposits, reporting, and customer transactions.
- Schedule volunteers for shift hours in the store.
- Coordinate pick-up of donations.
- Pick up items in the company van when appropriate. This would require the ability to lift 30-50 pounds, climb flights of stairs, load and unload boxes and furniture.
- Coordinate receiving of merchandise to ensure each item is properly processed and placed in the store.
- Ensure regular maintenance of the store to ensure a safe, pleasant and clean environment is achieved for volunteers and customers.
- Support volunteers on the sales floor with customer conflicts, pricing issues, etc.
- Implement daily store promotions with Lead Volunteers.
- Be responsible for effectively managing, guiding, and organizing up to 20 volunteers each day.
- Analyze, identify and respond to the volunteer needs to ensure the store is appropriately staffed for each operating day
- Posses an obvious positive influence on the store floor and in the receiving room, interacting with volunteers and getting actively involved with work being done.
- Train volunteers in Thrift Store Policies, Procedures and Operations.
- Manage volunteer and/or customer conflict with diplomacy.
Other: Weight = 10%
- Promote and be knowledgeable about Company programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
- Be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Implement strategies and activities as selected by Director of Development.