- Temple Terrace, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Professional (Non-Clin)
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape. We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
Position is responsible for performing analysis, data manipulation and reporting of financial information to internal and external parties. Also responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of data processed, analysis outcomes and reports provided. Duties are more specifically outlined in later sections of this document.
- Certification: CPA or MBA preferred. Will accept additional years of experience in lieu of this requirement.
- Education Required: BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 4+ years in Accounting and/or Budget/Decision Support; preferably in a multi-entity setting.
- Minimum 4 years of Healthcare experience preferred.
- Proficient in the advances use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and complex financial systems.
- Must be able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Must have strong customer service skills, written & verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, ability to work with a team, critical thinking, organizational skills and knowledge of competency in accounting & analysis.
- A. Budget
- Assist in build and/or continual improvement of budget & decision support systems.
- Schedules, organizes, and implements the annual operating and capital budget process, including preparation of seminars, guidelines, and worksheets for departments
- Prepares both global and detailed forecasts and analyses to ensure budget submissions are reasonable and in compliance with Management's goals and objectives
- Communicates effectively with Management and Leadership Teams, including negotiating the mechanics of operational budget revisions
- Provides support and education to Management before, during and after the budget process
- Provides assistance in requests for capital expenditure.
- Assists in tracking capital requests & expenditures.
- Prepares and files AHCA financial data report(s) & Medicare PIP reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares and files Multiview benchmarking data and creates summary reports for management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of both budget & decision support systems and reporting structure.
- Responsible for the preparation of new program proformas and related analysis.
- Responsible for coordination of statistical data.
- B. Finance/Accounting
- Develops financial projections, income statements, balance sheets, financial ratios, etc., for the evaluation of new or existing programs.
- Compares financial indicators to other healthcare providers, both locally and nationally.
- Gathers/prepares all required data for annual Medicare cost reports; coordinates with other staff/departments as necessary to meet report deadlines.
- Schedule, organize and compile all required information for preparation of Federal Forms 990 and 990PF; coordinate with organization's staff as well as external accounting consultants to ensure timely completion and submission of these reports.
- Prepare and file other external reports for regulatory agencies in a timely manner such as Medicare cap reporting, State of Florida, etc.
- Evaluates and interprets financial data and produces required reports.
- Produces detailed financial reports in a comprehensible form to an audience with limited financial/accounting background to assist in their decision making processes.
- Prepares variance analyses and completes other special projects as requested.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, related/associated schedules & conducts ongoing analysis of all assigned GL accounts.
- Knowledgeable about the historical trends of the data used in monthly reporting & monitors for disparities or significant variances that might indicate the presence of invalid data. Researches such variances & recommends process improvements to reduce the occurrence of disparities/variances.
- Other duties as assigned.