- Professional Relations-HPH
- Lecanto, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Professional (Non-Clin)
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape.
Responsible for educating community care partners about the availability and benefits of, as well as the eligibility criteria for, hospice and palliative care services for medically appropriate, terminally ill patients who meet all applicable hospice admission criteria. S/he educates community care partners on a one-to-one and group basis and provides necessary feedback as required. S/he monitors referrals and admissions within his/her assigned territory and continuously diagnoses and addresses performance improvement opportunities and problems.
- M.A. or B.A. preferred, in Health Care Services related field.
- Minimum 2 years sales, marketing, professional relations and/or education training required. Experience in health care services related field preferred.
- Knowledge of hospice and Medicare/Medicaid payor sources preferred.
- Excellent communications, negotiation and time management skills, including public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal colleagues and external providers to achieve best possible outcome for patients and families.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the hospice's service area.
- Able to manage time and contacts effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to analyze data, identify access to care opportunities, and follow through on developed action plans.
- Valid Florida drivers' license and auto insurance as per Company policy.
- Ability to work unsupervised, exercising a high degree of discretion, independent judgment, self motivation and resourcefulness.
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all Employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers, both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Cultivate, develop and enhance care relationships with hospitals, physicians, nursing homes, ALF's and other community care partners.
- Develop and implement monthly and quarterly care partner education plan in order to achieve goals set by the organization.
- Develop long term business relationships resulting in an increased knowledge of hospice and palliative care services.
- Utilize EthicsPoint to communicate service failures and care partner concerns with clinical services.
- Actively participate in organizational committees, which enhance the working relationships between departments within organization.
- Maintain membership in related health care professional organizations for the purposes of networking and professional education.
- Develop an educational plan for implementation in the professional referral community, in conjunction with the Director of Professional Relations.
- Coordinate and assist with the development and revision of educational tools for the health care community.
- Provide formal and informal educational opportunities with physicians, physician office staff, hospital social workers/discharge planners and third party payers.
- Communicate health care issues to clinical staff to enhance service delivery, document in Ethics Point System when appropriate per training.
- Activities to be documented in CRM system.
- Coordinate and assist in all care partner concerns assuring resolution to issues through proactive communication.
- Maintain clinical and professional competency
- Establish standards and quantitative measurements to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of educational interventions.
- Assist with the development of outcome monitors that will evaluate the effectiveness of educational interventions.
- Develop and maintain community care partner database for educational purposes in CRM system.
- Utilize CRM system for territory management completing all detailed documentation per training provided.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation in CRM system.
- Collect and monitor data of referral/admission patterns from all sources; to include physicians, social workers, discharge planners, hospital, ALF and nursing homes.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the community's health care market, competition, consumer demands and governmental policies that influence the organization's goals.
- Positively promotes benefits of all appropriate Company programs and services with patients, families and community care partners.
- Continuously seeks to improve customer confidence/satisfaction through exceptional customer service interactions and ongoing participation in process improvement activities
- Develops positive working relationships with physicians, their office staff, discharge planners, social workers, and other potential referral sources. Assist with face to face contacts with these referral sources as required.
- Utilizes appropriate support/expert resources or personnel to resolve complex or difficult situations.
- Supports other team members and management by working positively in a collaborative and co-operative manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Professional Relations.