- Programs & Svcs - GSH
- Lakeland, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Director (Non-Clin)
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overseeing the Program's daily operations, overall financial responsibility, developing and growing its business, strategic planning, budgeting activities, and overall performance outcomes. The ED has broad operating authority and oversight over all aspects of the Program including: admissions, medical and clinical services, employee relations, and business affairs within the limitations of corporate policies, procedures and standards. S/he represents the Program in the community, as well as in Senior Staff, Boards of Directors and other executive, company-wide meetings.
- Master's degree in business or health care administration; substantial high level, related work experience may be considered for partial substitution
- Capacity for mature business decisions and judgments
- 10 years' relevant experience preferred
- 5 years' senior management experience in health care, preferably in the Program's industry (i.e. PACE,
- NHD, hospice)
- Knowledge of and experience with government reimbursement programs
- Knowledge of and experience with laws and regulations pertinent to the Program's business
- Team orientation
- Active memberships in professional, community and civic organizations
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per policy
- Satisfactorily completes competency requirements for this position.
- Communication: Express thoughts and ideas clearly, adapt style to fit audience
- Initiative: Originate action to achieve goals
- Management Identification: Identify and accept problems and responsibilities of company leadership
- Judgment: Make realistic decision in consideration of organizational resources
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling: Establish course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals; plan proper assignments of personnel and allocation of resources; monitor results
- Leadership: Use appropriate interpersonal approaches in guiding others toward task completion
- Work Standards: Set and strive for high goals and standards of performance; compel others to perform
- Tolerance for Stress: Maintain stability of performance under pressure or opposition
- Innovativeness: Generate, recognize, and encourage imaginative, creative solutions
- Delegation: Allocate decision making and other responsibilities effectively and appropriately
- Staff Development: Develop skills and competencies of subordinates
- Organizational Sensitivity: Perceive and consider impact of decisions on all components of the organization
- Ethics: Model highest standards of conduct, ethical behavior and decision-making; adopt strong position against fraud and abuse
- Regulatory Compliance: Educate and monitor staff regarding their own and the organization's compliance responsibilities
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Develops, recommends and executes Program's strategic and operational plans and budgets.
- Accountable for the viability of the Program.
- Provides for the implementation phase of contracts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key officials of contracted service providers and facilities such as hospitals, NHs, ALF's, managed care organizations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with referral sources, incorporating clinical and professional relations
- Oversees complaint resolution process to assure smooth operation of contracts and ongoing referrals.
- Accountable for Program meeting care rate per strategic initiatives.
Admissions Development and Contract Management
- Assures an effective management team is in place to achieve strategic initiatives and operational goals.
- Promotes a positive internal climate based on the organization's values.
- Establishes effective methods to work cooperatively with corporate positions that support the Program's strategic initiatives and operational goals.
- Promotes Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement objectives of the Program to create an overall culture in which quality is essential.
- Establishes and maintains positive public relations with community, business and political leaders, and other key individuals.
- Collaborates with Corporate Communications department to participate with and respond to media opportunities.
- Collaborates with Corporate Development department on fundraising opportunities.
- Assures the handling and resolution of complaints from clients, participants, patients, families, and the public.
- Maintains compliance with all policies, procedures, practices and standards to assure the Program passes any and all inspections, surveys and reviews regarding licensing and certification, such as those for CMS, AHCA and the Joint Commission.
- Assures compliance with all administrative policies, procedures, practices and standards related to employee performance as well as employment laws and regulations issued and overseen by governmental agencies such as OSHA, EEOC and the Department of Labor.
- Assures compliance with all other applicable regulations, statutes and parent company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates personal leadership and ethical business practices.
- Assures a safe, efficient, adequate work environment for employees and volunteers, including buildings maintained, disaster planning, equipment functioning, supplies available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.